Tim and Kevin meet up/hang out & talk their talk. They discuss buying domain names, choosing business names, starting companies, and selling books by their color. These two entrepreneurs have lots to teach us about selling ideas and making profitable businesses.
Kevin Rose and Tim Ferriss Discuss Angel Investing and Naming Companies 46 Comments
Written by Tim Ferriss Topics: Interviews
In this video, Kevin Rose — founder of Digg and others — and Tim Ferriss talk about how we invest in other companies as "angels" and how we choose names for companies. Topics include:
-How to test company or product names using Google AdWords
-Kevin's criteria for both good site names and good angel investments
-The role of start-up "advisors" and investors
-How to choose companies to work with: overlap, PR options, UI design…
It's an Oprah-style conversation, so if watching isn't an option, you can also opt to let the audio play in the background while you're doing other things. Let us know if you'd like to see more of these brainstorming sessions.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades